Accompanying this update is a new build: 1108 update 2. Like update 1 we released on December 28th, 2016, this build is fully backward compatible, which means there is no need to update your dedicated server. With this new build we introduce a new system to distribute templates with our cars. As soon as you upgrade to the new build, whenever you start the Launcher, it will install templates into a folder called “Templates” in your rFactor 2 main folder. Do not edit those files in place though, as they will be overwritten on updates of the car. Make a copy before you start designing your own livery.
The new version of the Nissan can be found in the workshop, and you will automatically be updated if you are subscribed to it.
Check out the full change log below:
- Added a completely new pack of sounds that should be a lot closer to the way the original car sounded.
- Added additional tyre compounds, the car now has soft, medium, hard, intermediates and full wet compounds.
- Added additional rim types to reflect the ones used by the different teams.
- Added fluorescent shader for digits on the dashboard.
- Added backfire graphics.
- Fixed a gap between the driver helmet and the body.
- Fixed tyres going through the fenders when under load.
- Updated body 3D shape, adding a missing floor, correcting the front fender shape and some smaller tweaks.
- Updated icons.
- Improved cockpit textures on the fans, door handles and several other small details.
- Improved body reflections.
- Improved level of detail (LOD) models.
- Improved exhaust model and textures.
- Improved windows in cockpit view and added the missing side windows.
- Improved liveries.
- Improved headlights, now with lens flares.
- Added new tyre compounds to match those added to the graphics.
- Updated a few garage settings.
- Slightly tweaked the AI physics.
Code (Build 1108 update 2)
- Added code that allows car modellers to tweak the body roll for AI physics to ensure tyres don’t go through fenders graphically.
- Introduced a simple mechanism for distributing templates with cars (which will end up in a “Templates” folder until the new UI is released).
- Fixed a problem where the launcher accidentally URL encoded passwords, making it impossible to join servers with certain characters in the password.
To stay up to date with all rFactor 2 news, keep checking back here.